The State of the Union 2015 was an address not to miss! President Obama said a lot of things and just incased you missed it or you need a refresher, The Daily-Tea is here to tell you 13 things you missed/to remember.
13. The POTUS wants to lower the price of community college…. to ZERO
12. The POTUS wants to increase the security for the futures’ of current and new veterans.
11. The POTUS wants congress to write him up a plan to give Americans the chance to earn 7 sick days. (Yearly we’d assume)
10. President Obama wants to raise the child tax credit to $3,000.
9. Women need equal pay. — It’s 2015 right?
8. He wants us to go to Mars. (I hope they have air condition lol!) — S/o to Captain Scott Kelly who is getting ready to spend a year in space.
7. The President is launching a new precision medicine initiative to hopefully cure diseases like cancer and diabetes.
6. President Obama wants to close loopholes and reward companies that invest in America.
5. “When what you’re doing for 50 years doesn’t work, it’s time to try something new.” — In reference to Cuba
4. Ebola was mentioned for the first time in months #sipstea
3. “No challenge poses a greater threat to future generations than climate change.” — Fact 1: 2014 was the warmest year for our planet recorded. Fact 2: 14 years of the warmest years recorded on Earth have fallen in the first 15 years of the century.
2. The POTUS said we need reject stereotypes of Muslims because most of them share our commitment for peace. — #TRUTH
1. Now you know TEA is our name so it’s only right that you’re reminded about the shade our President threw. Check it out below:
There’s no denying that our President has Swag. In case you missed it, you can watch the whole SOTU here:
And that wraps up our 13 point wrap up!
P.S. Check out this funny tweet!
– B. Smith