Things have been going haywire in the Cash Money/Young Money family. It seems like people are dropping from the label left and right. The latest to try and get out? One of the men who helped cultivate it, Lil Wayne.
Lil Wayne has been beefing with Birdman for a while, and he’s publicly announced that he’s done with the man he once called father. Birdman has be silent on the situation so far, but now he’s speaking out in what he is reportedly calling his only tell all interview.
He recently declared his innocence after being accused of being involved in the drive-by shooting on Weezy’s tour bus. And now Angie Martinez has an exclusive interview with Birdman that will be released this evening at four. Reportedly she spent 48 hours with rapper at his mansion, luxury yacht, Maybach, condo and recording studio.
“Not just that and not just for [it to be] him,” Birdman told Martinez about his beef with Lil Wayne. “That was shocking to everybody. You never thought Wayne would be saying nothing negative about me, ever, in no lifetime. I ain’t ever thought that could ever happen (you understand me) — for that man to open his mouth and say something negative about me, that was a lot. Sh*t f*cked my day up. I love my son. That mean the world to me. He mean the world to me. For that man to say something negative about me, that affected my life.”
According to Vibe, the following will be hot topics for the interview:
– Will he ever let Lil Wayne walk away from Cash Money?
– Can Lil Wayne take Nicki Minaj and Drake with him if he walks away from Cash Money?
– Does he think that things “went left” when Weezy voiced his unhappiness with Cash Money via Twitter?
– Did he really conspire with Young Thug to kill Lil Wayne?
– Was it him who threw a drink at Wayne while he was performed at club LIV in Miami?
The full interview will drop today at 4.